Facebook Twitter Google RSS

World Cup Football 2010 2nd round, Quarter Final, Semi Final Teams Predictor

Castrol, one of the official sponsors of FIFA World Cup 2010 have come up with some great predictions for the tournament. The Castrol Predictor tool launched today predicts the outcome of every match, who will advance to the next round, top players, and the final result of the tournament.

The predictions are not merely speculative, it is based on numerous parameters like team performance, player performance, group analysis etc. The predictor works by measuring past team and player performance and working out the attack and defence ratings of each nation.

This predictor is updated after each round of matches and then every matchday from 22nd June.

Here are some interesting results we calculated using the Castrol Predictor.

Second Round Teams
ARGENTINA VS MEXICO
URUGUAY VS SOUTH KOREA
USA VS SERBIA
GERMANY VS ENGLAND
PARAGUAY VS JAPAN
NETHERLANDS VS ITALY
SPAIN VS PORTUGAL
BRAZIL VS CHILE

Quarter Finals
URUGUAY VS SERBIA
ARGENTINA VS ENGLAND
NETHERLANDS VS BRAZIL
PARAGUAY VS SPAIN

Semi-finals
URUGUAY VS BRAZIL
ENGLAND VS SPAIN

Finals
ENGLAND VS BRAZIL

Winners
BRAZIL

It is interesting to note that the semi-final teams England and Spain has not yet got into their top form till now.

According to the Castrol Predictor Brazil has 22.6% chance of winning, where as Argentina has only 10.2% chance. The chance of other major teams are Netherlands (15.7) Spain (12.7%)England (6.6%), Portugal (6.3%), Germany (6.2%), Italy (1.5%)

What will happen if the top two viewers favourites Brazil and Argentina clash against each other? According to the predictor, Brazil has 50% chance to win, where as Argentina has 25% and the other 25% for a draw.

The tournament progress predictor as on June 21



What do you think of the results? Comment.

Castrol also launched the FIFA World cup Legends about top players during various years, countries etc. Read about it here

Featured Update

Nokia launches Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL Android Smartphones

25 February 2014: Nokia has announced the launch of Android smartphones in the Mobile World Congress held at Barcelona, Spain. The company ...